Guest post by Shasta Nelson, founder and CEO of Girfriend Circles
Your soul is made for connection.
This September—International Women’s Friendship Month—let’s stop trying to talk ourselves out of why we don’t have the energy and time to connect, and instead actually just acknowledge that our souls long for more connection.
- For some of us it’s because we’ve recently moved, changed jobs, or ended relationships—and know we need to start building the relationships that can support our lives.
- For some of us it’s because we’re introverts or shy and while we know we need a few relationships of substance, the very idea of how to start them overwhelms us.
- For some of us, we know everyone and have more friends than we can keep in touch with, but the truth is that we still hear that whisper because we know we still need to deepen some relationships and foster more vulnerability and intimacy.
- And for some of us, to surround ourselves with healthy relationships, we know it’s time to let go of a few, the bring closure, to grieve, and to end what has run its course.
- So if you hear that whisper that you’d like more local friends who can add value to your life…then I am excited to tell you about an awesome program that is scheduled this September called:
“The Friendships You’ve Always Wanted! Learning a Better Way to Meet-Up, Build-Up, and Break-Up with Your Friends.”
This course was created by 13 of the leading experts on friendship and healthy relationship so that this September hundreds of women can all commit together to choosing friendships as their theme for the month!
The interviews include New York Times best-selling authors, psychologists, sociologists, professors, and all kinds of amazing teachers who have come together to inspire you, teach you, and challenge you to take your friendships to the next level! The course is hosted by Shasta Nelson is the CEO of GirlFriendCircles.com (a female friendship matching website) and the author of Friendships Don’t Just Happen! She’s been on the Today Show, Katie Couric’s show, Fox News, and most recently interviewed for an article in this summer’s Women’s Health magazine.
Join me and 100’s of women this Friendship Month as we all commit to doing what it takes to surround ourselves with the community we know we want!
“The Friendships You’ve Always Wanted”
In this powerful and inspiring program you’ll learn:
- Why needing new friends is normal—and how to show up with less guilt, anxiety, and shame.
- The one thing more important to friendship than chemistry
- The best ways to make friends in a way that is congruent to your personality
- The five science-based accelerators that deepen our friendships
- How many people you need to meet to actually find the number of friends you want
- The biggest obstacle to friend-making and how to best respond
- The three most effective tips for making new friends
- The biggest red-flags to watch out for and what to do when you see them showing up in your friendships!
- How you can prevent friendships from being ruined by jealousy and competition
- The boundaries that you need to set to ensure that you participate in mutually reciprocated friendships
- The three most important practices you can add to your life to attract more love
- Which of the five types of friends you already have and which ones you want to find
- An exercise to help you feel less judgmental and jealous of your friends.
- How to tell the difference between what friendships can be saved and which ones need to end
- And so much MORE!
Our lives change so much that we are losing half our friends every 7 years. And it’s our responsibility to be replenishing those relationships so that we have the friendships around us that make us happy.
I really believe the world will become a better place as more and more women feel connected to each other.
p.s. This program starts on Sept. 4 with a LIVE call! For everyone who signs up before that day you’ll be entered 5 times in a raffle for a free airline trip to visit a girlfriend somewhere in the U.S., plus you’ll get a free copy of Shasta Nelson’s book Friendships Don’t Just Happen! Sign up today!