“…when the dog bites
when the bee stings
when I’m feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so bad…”
— from The Sound of Music by Rogers and Hammerstein
Saturday evening I went with friends to a Christmas party at one of our favorite spots in Jersey City, Made With Love.
The place was packed, all seats taken and standing room only! There were a variety of musicians to entertain us and getting things started, was Dave “Ace” Case who got us in the mood as we sang along to “My Favorite Things.”
That song cheered me so, that I thought, tomorrow I’m going to write a list of my favorite things!
(They are not in order of importance and of course all of these can be appreciated alone or with my friends and family.)
- ART – Viewing in galleries and exhibitions, displaying pieces in my home, creating it for myself and others.
- MUSIC – Listening, going to the opera and concerts, singing.
- CATS, DOGS, & FROGS – My cats and anyone else’s cats and dogs… rubbing those bellies! Frogs, maybe not the bellies.
- TRAVELING – Anywhere, anytime.
- MOVIES – Especially opening day!
- GIVING – Giving to others whenever I can and wishing others did as well.
- HONESTY – I wish everyone was more honest, period.
- WINE – Red or white and flowing!
- LOBSTER and SHRIMP – One the best restaurants in Hoboken, Ubu, has an amazing warm lobster maki, try it… Mmm! Or at home, boiled lobster and shrimp, hold the butter.
- A GREAT STORY – Reading a captivating novel or story.
- NATURE – I’m always in awe of this planet and the life on it. Who knows what other worlds are out there.
- CREATING A NEW BRAND – This list wouldn’t be complete if I hadn’t included this! Nothing gives me more pleasure than bringing a visual footprint to a brand.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Everyone has a voice NOW!
- The YANKEES and Baseball!